Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Round Two

After spending Thanksgiving Day at the Ravens game, we still needed to celebrate with the traditional Thanksgiving Dinner with family and friends, so we did... but on Saturday. I got up bright and early Saturday morning and headed up to Mama Rogers's house to help create a delicious Thanksgiving feast!

When I got there I found that the pies were already made and waiting for us to dig in. But it was alright because there was plenty of other things to do to get ready. We set the table and decorated, and got out all of the plates and silverware. We were ready for the twelve people that were coming to eat! 

There were four dogs who were there too! Thanks to my parents for letting us bring our little monsters to the feast. So while we waited for the turkey to finish cooking and the right time to start the sides, I played outside with the dogs, which helps with my sleep at night I have to say. I can't believe that Jack is five and Oliver is seven and they have so much energy. But enough of that... that can be for another post. Jack kindly posed for a picture in the yard, but Oliver was not as cooperative, so here he is!



Well dinner was ready around six, and we all sat down to a feast. Turkey and all of the trimmings! It was absolutely delicious, and I can't believe that Thanksgiving is only once a year! I think that whoever has to cook probably appreciates that fact though! So after eating we watched some football and headed home with two sleepy pups and full bellies! 



Thanks as always to Mama Rogers for being the hostess with the mostess! Dinner was amazing and can't wait until the next one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment